The international Transition network has created “The essential guide to doing Transition” for all of you – click HERE: for the guide (pdf format)
“Bringing together people in Cardiff for the common good of a community driven city”
Cardiff Transition is the information hub/platform of sustainability groups in and around Cardiff, the Capital of Wales (as well as one of hundreds of international transition groups under the global Transition Network!) Cardiff Transition was established informally in 2007/08 to act as a voluntary body umbrella group to support and raise awareness of all sustainability themed voluntary groups, events, businesses and organizations.
Transition groups are encouraged to set up all around the planet to keep people updated of sustainable issues such as:
- Healthier lifestyles, more green spaces & safer connected communities.
- Create zero carbon economies
- Local food production
- Local social/business/public networks
- Renewable energy, improved local efficiency and reduce fossil fuel use.
- Better healthier local transport systems
- …. the list of sustainability themed issues is endless – check them out and see how you can get involved.
- For the rest Wales, UK and the world – check out the main Transition Network page.
The main ethos now is to engage with people and encourage collaboration throughout Cardiff in an attempt to drive us all towards a zero-carbon economy, stronger local social/community links and improving health, longevity and happiness in a City that does have the potential to be so much more.
Please use the website to find regular activities, groups in your area or help join in a project of food growing, helping those in challenging situations, building holistically
Cardiff Transition works on a voluntary basis with a strong base of people from all backgrounds and professions who bring practical steps and activities to the forefront of making Cardiff a truly sustainable city – for all of us!
You are part of the Transition in Cardiff !!! Please join in!!!